Kvaerner is the world leader in marine concrete structures for oil and gas field developments, providing the full scope of EPCI services.
For concrete offshore installations, Kvaerner’s capability and track record cover the full EPCI value chain. We can deliver the following concrete substructures:
- Platforms with a concrete substructure sitting on the seabed (GBS)
- Concrete gravity base structures (GBS) for liquefied natural gas (LNG) production and receiving terminals
- Floating production platforms with a concrete hull (semi-submersible, TLP, SPAR)
- Terminals and facilities with process equipment installed on a concrete foundation
For concrete offshore installations, Kvaerner’s capability and track record cover the full EPCI value chain including front-end engineering and design, engineering and construction management, site construction and marine operations.
Kvaerner has delivered more offshore platforms for Arctic and sub-Arctic conditions than any other contractor. Constructing platforms with concrete offers clear advantages in harsh climates, while allowing for cost-effective project execution and local construction.
Concrete substructures provide numerous potential benefits, including:
- Integrated oil storage
- Significant local content
- Robustness to meet Arctic environmental challenges
- Support large topside weight
- Minimum maintenance
- Low lifecycle cost
- Installation independent of heavy lift vessel availability
As concrete structures do not need established yard facilities, single purpose construction sites can be developed locally all over the world. Kvaerner can manage the site construction and then recruit, train and integrate local employees and subcontractors, generating local jobs and value creation.
Watch Pioneer, a brief reminder of our history, looking towards the future for concrete technology.
Here you can watch a short video about our latest GBS project – the Sakhalin 1 built for ExxonMobil.
Kvaerner is the world’s leading supplier of marine concrete structures for oil and gas field developments. On this page you can read more about some of our reference projects.