Kvaerner has extensive experience from decommissioning of offshore oil and gas installations.
Kvaerner offers the following decommissioning services:
- Platform preparation for offshore decommissioning including heavy lifts
- Subsea removal: reverse installation and removal of subsea infrastructure
- Onshore demolition, disposal and recycling
The mapping, removal handling and disposal of different waste types is a specialised expertise in the decommissioning process. We also perform this service upstream as part of offshore decommissioning and removal phases.
Disposal Site at Stord
Kvaerner’s onshore demolition and recycling activities are run from our base at Eldøyane, Stord, Norway. Main services provided are onshore receipt, deconstruction and disposal of offshore structures.
The Eldøyane demolition facility in brief:
- Approximately 80,000m2 demolition area of which around 40,000m2 is padded
- 188m quayside: 128m with 26-30m water depth and 60m with 8-16m water depth
- Large tower crane (80m, 240 tonnes)
- High capacity equipment park including excavators
- Large capacity stationary shear, capable of cutting up to 8m long steel structures with thickness of 150mm, will be installed Q4 2018.
- Water treatment plant for safe containment and treatment of various substances
- Recycling target of close to 100%
- Safe handling of waste, NORM and toxic compounds
Kvaerner has been involved with offshore decommissioning and onshore demolition and disposal since the mid-1990s. On this page you can read more about some of our decommissioning reference projects.