Specialist & Senior Engineers – Concrete Solutions
33751Job ID #
Concrete and Construction MgmtDiscipline
7 - 10 YearsExperience Required
415 Concrete Solutions Engineering (110)Department
Bachelors DegreeEducation required
Kvaerner is a leading provider of engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) services, and delivers offshore installations and onshore around the world. Kværner ASA, through its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Kvaerner”), is an international contractor and preferred partner for oil and gas operators and other engineering and fabrication contractors. Kvaerner and its approximately 2 600 HSSE-focused and experienced employees are recognised for delivering some of the world’s most amazing and demanding projects.
In 2017, Kvaerner’s Field Development segment had consolidated annual revenues of NOK 7.6 billion and the company reported an order backlog at 30 June 2018 of NOK 11.2 billion. Kvaerner is publicly listed with the ticker "KVAER" at the Oslo Stock Exchange.
We are the world leader in designing, constructing and installing concrete structures for marine environments. We have built most of the large concrete structures in the North Sea, and many in other parts of the world – such as Spain, Canada and Russia.
Within Kvaerner, Concrete Solutions Engineering is responsible for concept and technology development. We support business development activities, and we are responsible for project execution for marine concrete substructures.
Our ambition is to be an enabler for the transition to a greener future - we will bring ideas to life. We have a strong focus on the renewable energy market, while also maintaining and developing our existing portfolio of technologies. We believe our extensive experience delivering large and complex projects will be a differentiator in the emerging offshore energy market.
Our department carries out studies for development projects around the world, including R&D projects. We are responsible for the development and engineering of fixed and floating concrete substructure for several business areas and markets, including offshore wind, LNG and oil & gas. The department covers the engineering work related to all project development phases:
- Technology development
- Technical sales in liaison with our global business development team
- Execution of early phase and concept development studies
- EPCI Engineering execution
- Engineering services for platforms in operations and decommissioning
Our engineering approach is multidisciplinary, with competence and focus on engineering and design, construction methods and constructability, as well as marine operations and marine engineering.
The key technical competence areas within the Concrete Solutions Engineering department are Global Loads and Analysis, Civil Engineering and Outfitting Engineering.
To meet the growing markets and new challenges, we wish to strengthen our Engineering organisation with Specialist and Senior Engineers within several technical areas:
- Lead/Specialist engineer - Study management, with relevant product competence
- Lead/Specialist engineer - Engineering management, with relevant product competence
- Lead/Specialist engineer - Global loads and analysis
- Lead/Specialist engineer - Civil engineering and design
- Lead engineer for Platforms in Operation services
- Senior engineer - Global response analysis
- Senior engineer and designer - Civil FEA analysis
- Senior engineer/designer - 3D design and layout (PDMS/E3D)
Responsibilities and tasks
Responsibilities and tasks will differ for the various positions
Qualifications & Personal attributes
- Professional qualification within Engineering at university level with preferably 15 years of experience for the Specialist and Management positions, and preferably 8 years of experience for the Senior engineer positions
- Good understanding of relevant concepts
- High level of competence within the respective engineering discipline(s)
- Experience from one or more of the following areas:
- Renewable energy projects
- Oil and gas projects
- Relevant complex structures from other industries
- Knowledge of execution methods (construction, marine operations and commissioning) and the impact of this on engineering
- Fluent in the English language, verbal and written
- Fluency in, or a will to learn, the Norwegian language
- HSE mindset
- Team player
- Customer focus
- Innovative and creative mindset
- Cost consciousness
- Excellent communication skills in both writing and personal settings
- A positive, creative and challenging work environment with ample opportunities to significantly impact, learning and personal development.
- Challenging work tasks in an expansive international company
- A good and creative working environment
- Possibility for postings to our International projects and operations
- Competitive compensation, pension and insurance plan and various welfare arrangements
Apply by date: 22.09.2019
For further information about the position please contact:
VP Concrete Solutions Engineering Hilde Benedikte Østlund,
Tel +47 951 93 417
Your application letter, CV and certificates are required. Incomplete applications will not be answered.