Kvaerner is a specialised engineering, procurement and construction company.
Kvaerner has decades of experience as an EPC contractor
We are focused on executing some of the world’s most demanding projects
Kvaerner is an international contractor and preferred partner for oil and gas operators and other engineering and fabrication contractors.
The company has decades of experience as an EPC contractor, covering a wide range of technologies and solutions. The Kvaerner group has been established to further leverage the experience and expertise built up through project execution over more than 40 years.
Kvaerner is tailored to meet EPC market trends and client demands. The company has a focused and dedicated management and a mandate to enter into partnerships in order to establish reliable, flexible and competitive delivery models.
Kvaerner’s more than 2 800 employees represent expertise and experience in engineering, fabrication and project management. The organisation includes specialised fabrication yards and offices for engineering and procurement in Norway, USA, Kazakhstan, Russia, Canada, Australia, China, Finland and the UK. Kvaerner’s head office is in Norway.
A solid position as the basis for ambitions of growth.
- As one of the world’s most recognised EPC contractors, Kvaerner is among the leaders within several markets
- More floating platforms have been built to our designs than floaters from any other contractor
- Over 40 years, we have gained 40 contracts for steel jacket substructures for offshore platforms
- Our track record includes many platform topsides, some considered amongst the largest or most complex in the world, and highly ranked for fast-track deliveries
- In several markets, we are among the leaders for delivering onshore facilities
- We are the world’s leading contractor for delivering onshore and offshore facilities to Arctic conditions
- We are recognized as the undisputed leader for concrete substructures for offshore platforms and LNG facilities
Based on this solid foundation, we have a clear objective for further growth.
Internationally, the Kvaerner group will further build its capabilities within EPC projects at a global scale, and capitalise on deepwater oil and gas exploration and development, gravity base structures (GBS) and jacket technologies. It will also develop its operations in selected international markets where there is a strong need for project and construction management and yard development competency.